Thursday, September 30, 2010

i'm a sewer...

I spent some time this week and over last weekend making some clothes for Owen. I made them a little big hoping he can wear them this winter.
However, I don't know if this shirt will ever fit him.... I'm a bit bummed!

I followed Dana on her MADE blog, you can find MADE on the blogs I love and follow (I don't know how to add her link here!).
Her tutorials are awesome!








I made this out of an old shirt of Chad's. I was able to recycle it and make something fantastically cute for O.



I do love the way it turned out... I hope it fits in a few months!!




Here's hoping that it WILL fit him eventually!!
(It's in the dryer now, I'm hoping a little washing a drying might help!)



I also made these pants for Owen.




They turned out fairly well, just a few things I want to tweak for the next pair. Like the shirt I made these a little larger for him to wear through the winter. The good news here is that they will definitely fit! Yeah!!



This was the happy little model!

Had to throw in this picture... even though it turned out blurry :).




3 comments:

  1. my gosh i'm so jealous of your sewing skills.... i think i remember making a tote back in my homeschooled days... and i think i remember it falling apart....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I'm impressed! I love the shirt especially! But, what I love the most is that cute blurry picture...how adorable! Can't wait to see him in person! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Crystal!!! The shirt is good enough to sell and the pants look professional also. I am so proud of you. Isn't being a mom the greatest thing ever?? Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete