Wednesday, September 15, 2010

new blankie...


I did it!
I made my first official item with my sewing machine. I of course was inspired by my sister who is a sewing maniac!!
Here are the results...


This is mainly a cover up blanket for nursing. I needed something for the unskilled. I thought the bigger the better, and there are no REAL big receiving blankets out there. Everything else is just too hot for my hot blooded baby.



And because he's just too cute I wrapped him up in it... of course taking some pictures!






This is my favorite... too sweet.



I also had some fun with my camera today... this was my favorite shot.
It speaks to me.

This is how we adopted this dog... he was starved and found our apple tree. He is no longer starved, but still loves those apples.
I think it reminds him of how he got here and where he came from...
brings back memories for him!

He's a HAPPY dog and that warms my heart :).



3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! And it's adorable. The pictures are so sweet. I love the one of Little O asleep...too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that you have a sewing machine and can actually use it. I've always thought making something like that would be cool... but thats all it has been is a thought lol. I need a hobby, not that it seems like I have time for one. Crystal, he is just adorable and I need to meet him!! Lets have a lunch date soon, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Sweet blankie success!! And Mr. Okee makes it all the more cute...way to go! Hi Otis...remember when you peed on my suitcase? Yeah, that was me. I felt the love...

    ReplyDelete